Oh my little blog, how I have abandoned you this semester. Have you missed me these past four (!!!) months?? I’m sorry to have left you hanging for so long; here’s what’s been happening since we last connected.
School has been over for a few weeks now. The day after school ended, I turned 27, and the day after THAT, I did a bit of traveling trough the south and in Malaysia. But now I’m back in Bangkok, and fly home in exactly one week. The one word I can think of to describe how I feel about it all is “bittersweet.”
Things About Going Home I Am Amped About:
– seeing family and friends
– staying in my actual house
– eating loads of American food (helloooo Chipotle and Chopt)
– Thanksgiving and Christmas
– driving a car
– being able to flush toilet paper
– SWEATER WEATHER
– being able to communicate with everyone around me
– free TV (thanks mom and dad)
– real delicious home cooked meals (BIG thanks mom)
– going for a run without fear of heat stroke or getting hit by a car
Things About Thailand That I Will Miss:
– super cheap eveything
– wai-ing people and saying sawatdee kaaaa (I may just keep this up)
– getting an awesome massage for under $10 whenever the mood strikes
– fresh fruit all over the damn place and the SMOOTHIES!! Passionfruit and pineapple smoothies, you are my kryptonite.
– wearing flip flops every damn day
– practicing my Thai skills on the reg
– having every second of every day be a cultural experience
– commuting via motorsai
– the beaches <3333
– my adorable students and my coteachers, and all the new friends I've made
– all the super friendly Thai people
– hopping on a plane and spending the weekend in a different country
It's sort of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. But while I have loved (and sometimes hated, let's be honest) life in Thailand, and the country will always hold a special place in my heart, it's nearly time to close this chapter in my life and move onto the next challenge.
And so, Thailand, I say to you, "Khob khun mak ka, and sawatdee ka."